Tuesday 22 May 2012

Reading Diary 21/05/2012

I have now finished 
Private Peaceful
By Michael Morpurgo




It was sad at the end as I expected, but not as sad as I thought it would be. If I was to make one improvement, I would really like to find out more about Molly and Tommo Jr. and what happened to them. Maybe Michael should write a sequel as it is a great book and, like all great books, they can always be continued. 


I then read 
My Granny's Great Escape
By Jeremy Strong


Here is the blurb:


'Do you think I should ask him out, Nicholas, or is that a bit forward?' 
'Granny!'
We all stared at her. dad had to sit down.


Nicholas's granny has fallen in love - with the elderly Hell's Angel next door! Yurrrgghhh. Nicholas's dad isn't happy about it - but Granny won't let him get his way. She has a few tricks up her sleeve...and Granny on a motorbike could be a very dangerous thing...


I read this because I wanted a quick read which was easy and relaxing. I love Jeremy Strong's books because they always make me laugh!


After this I read
My Dad's got an Alligator
Also by Jeremy Strong

Here is a blurb I found on the internet, but it is different to the blurb on the back of my book:



Nicholas is used to his loopy father's antics. But it looks like dad has finally flipped when he brings an alligator home to be the family pet - with Crunchbag around there is never a dull moment. This riotous reptile is soon eating the Sunday lunch, in mum's bath, in the neighbours' pond, on the roof rack, and on the loose...


I read this for the same reason as the above.


Thanks for bothering to look at this, I really am grateful.


Deadra xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment