Monday 21 May 2012

Reading Diary 20/05/2012

Today I finished reading Cathy Cassidy's 
Marshmallow Skye
I really like this book and am pleased that everything ends on a good note.


The only annoying thing is that the next book in the series is not out yet, so I am looking at a long and agonising wait.


However, the next book
Summer Dream
looks really good and I have managed to find out some information about it. Here is the blurb:



Summer has always dreamed of dancing, and when a place at ballet school comes up, she wants it so badly it hurts.
Middle school ends and the holidays begin, but unlike her sisters, Summer has no time for lazy days and sunny beach parties. The audition becomes her obsession, and things start spiralling out of control . . .

I am really looking forward to this and finding out more about the Tanberry girls and what happens to Summer. If anyone sees this in the shops please let me know as I really want to read it. Here is a picture of it.
Well the cover certainly looks good and I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but just this once I think I will, for now.

I then read
The Truth About Celia Frost
by Paula Rawstone

Here is the blurb:

Celia Frost is a freak. 
At least that is what everyone thinks. Her life is ruled by a rare disorder that means that she could bleed to death from the slightest cut, confining her to a gloomy bubble of "safety". No friends. No fun. No life.

But when a knife attack on Celia has unexpected consequences, her mum reacts strangely - and suddenly they're on the run. Why is her mum so scared? Someone out there knows. And when they find Celia, she's going to wish the truth was a lie...

I read this book in record time because it was such a page turner, I would recommend it to all readers as it is a spine gripping, thrilling novel. I am so pleased I decided to pick it up from the library! 

Here is a picture of the front cover:


I then started
Private Peaceful
by Michael Morpurgo.

Here is the blurb:

As the enemy lurks in the darkness, Thomas struggles to stay awake through the night. He has lived through the terror of gas attacks and watched friends die by his side. But in the morning, Thomas will be forced to confront an even greater horror. As the minutes tick by, Thomas remembers his childhood spent deep in the countryside with his mother, his brothers, and Molly, the love of his life. But each minute that passes brings Thomas closer to something he can't bear to to think about--the moment when the war and its horrific consequences will change his life forever.

I am halfway through it and to tell you the truth I would much rather be curled up reading it than on here writing this. It is a great book, but that is what is expected of Michael Morpurgo. The book has everything a good book has, excitement, tension, fear, sadness, pain, happiness, longing and of course romance. I am gripped by the tales Tommo tells and the way Michael writes shows the story through his eyes. I love it and would recommend it any day. I must admit I am quite scared to see how it will end, as I have no clue what will happen, only a feeling that it won't be good. 

Here is a picture of the front cover:


Thank you for reading my rambles and I will be back when I have finished it to tell you what I thought about the end.

Deadra 

No comments:

Post a Comment