Friday 4 May 2012

Only the good read young

The first books I remember reading by myself are 'The Magic Key' with Biff, Chip and Kipper and ' Mr Men and Little Miss'. However, I know that I used to be so excited when it came to story time. Some of my favourite stories where (and still are) 'Guess how much I love you' and 'Up to the skies and down again' (hence the title).

Although I am way too old for these, I often have a 'reading moment' and pull them all out again.

My Mum told me that she started reading to me when I was 2 weeks old and a lot of people laughed but I've always loved reading so maybe they shouldn't have.

In Infant school I was obsessed with horses and animals, and read all of Lucy Daniels' books in a frenzy. I also read 'Sheltie the Shetland Pony' and with my friend we used to take it in turns to play a game at break. I always wanted to play Sheltie and she always wanted to play Cops and Robbers.

In fact, the book Cops and Robbers, by Janet and Allen Alburg was always a favourite too. My brother and I had it memorised before he was even at school.

When I got into year 3, we had to write a set of rules about coming into the classroom. The teacher said we had to be bossy, and trust me, I had absolutely no problem with that. We then wrote a Halloween poem and I was so proud of a story I wrote about a man who went out in the middle of the night and found a horse, which he rescued. Another thing I remember is we wrote a Greek myth of our own and I had a competition with a boy about who could write the most. I won with 21 pages to 17 pages!!!

From then on I have always enjoyed writing, but that is what i best remember from my writing experiences.

At the moment, favourite books are by Maggie Stiefvater:

Shiver, Lament and Ballad.

I have got Ballad which I am just about to read and I would recommend theses books to anyone.

I also love Malorie Blackman's books:

The Nought's and Crosses Series

No comments:

Post a Comment