Monday 28 May 2012

Near and Far

This is a challenge set by my teacher to make me think about perspective.

The thing I am writing about is going to be a secret and you have to try and guess what it is.

?????: To close for comfort

Cracks and marks
Ovals, spirals and swirls
Many years hard work
Pen marks and pain
Unmoveable strength and loyalty
Tears and time
Eyes watch from every surface
Reddish brown and varnished to a finish

Dents, dashes and who knows what
Every centimetre battered
Seen it all
Keeps just sitting there forever more

I will write that in a easier way to understand now. 

All over it are cracks, dents and bruises. It holds secrets and valuable items. It has lived through an awful  lot, but is strong enough to still be here today.

????: I can't quite catch a glimpse of that.

This is still about the same thing.

Its big
Bigger than a pig
Piggy not at all
All is what it sees
Sees through brown eyes
Eyes and swirls are what it has
Has many dents
Dents and dashes
Dashes are also on a screen
Screen rests on it
It is what I am looking at now
Now I am touching it
It holds what I am using

What is it???

This is a clue:
Highlight it to read it.

To work out what it is look at the first letter on each line of the first poem.


I hope you like them. They are more of puzzles than descriptions and are quite hard, sorry about that.

Deadra xxxx

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating piece, Deadra, and clever 'clue' which, I have to confess, I didn't spot immediately. I was certainly close, though. Thank you very much for completing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete