Thursday 5 July 2012

Scorpio Races

By Maggie Stiefvater

I have just finished it and it was great! Although, I must admit, I was expecting a good book after all the other great books she has written. It was all about the stormy October and November, the sea and the horses which race along the beaches. There was love and romance, fear and anger, pain and longing. The problem presented is going to be very tricky to solve, and obviously, nothing turns out perfect, does it? It is a great book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes: horses, the sea, little islands, adventure, reading, books, legends and myths, romance (there is only a bit, don't worry), pain and a GREAT read!

Random Note

This blog has really got me thinking about further research with books. For example, after reading the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, I googled it and found out about fans and adverts and casting and who people liked and other reviews. With this book, I looked more at the legend behind the capaill uisce and where that idea came from. With the Hunger Games, I looked at pictures of the cast, to compare them to my imagination, and I did this really cool name generator. That is quite random but yeah.

Deadra xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad that blogging has helped to enhance your reading enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete