Friday 22 June 2012

Writing Memories

Today, we discussed our early memories of writing and to be honest, I found it really hard to remember things about writing. I found reading a whole lot easier.

I didn't learn to read before I started school, because my mum had been told not to teach me (I'm not sure why) and so she didn't. Here is the free writing (scribbles) that I came up with to do with early writing memories.

What are the first things you can remember about writing?

Thumb size words apart and the letter E writing and in maths one word in each box but was later annoying.

(I told you it was scribbles)

Can you remember praise or criticism you have been given whilst writing?

writing memories have flown away like when you play scattergories and I wrote too much and rambled and i always wrote the word then and got banned and my writing slanted across the page and the very hungry caterpillar with Issy and Ella and taking long time to miss lessons.

I cant't remember this question but this is my answer:

4 in sats Uh Oh!

Material, possessions and relationships from writing:

my Greek myth book group writing group consequences


Don't say I didn't warn you, I SAID IT WAS SCRIBBLES!! But, now I am going to turn it into something else (but I'm not sure what yet).

Thumb print scribbles
All over my work
Angry scowls and
Contended smirk

Writing doesn't always
Work the way you want
But just take time out
Or pick a different font

Sometimes memories
Are hard to catch
They flick and run
Swish and snatch

Rambling is
What I do best
Slants across the page
No room for all the rest

One box
One word
Annoying
Things not to be heard

4 in sats
Big oops!
Doodles in books
Lines and loops

Writing is always
A part of my life
You can be safe at home
Or on the edge of a knife!

By Me!!

Wow I am pleased with that. Thanks for reading.

Deadra xxx

2 comments:

  1. Once again, pretty astonishing!
    I especially like the last two verses of the poem.
    I can see that you were beginning to get the hang of it.
    Really fits into a rhythm.

    As for the question that you couldn't remember, I think it was something like: Have you had any disasters as a result of your writing.

    And obviously...

    by Rorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you should be really pleased with this. It is great to see how you have consciously shaped something from those first thoughts and scribbles. An important part of the writing process.

    ReplyDelete