Saturday 2 June 2012

Jubilant Ekphrasis (Other people photos)

Here is the link to the picture I am going to write about:




http://peterchoke.blogspot.co.uk/

It is the second picture down, of the daises in the field.


I am going to write a diary entry as the daisy and how the rein of the Queen has effected daisies.


Dear Diary,


Daisy picking time has started again! Picking seems such a harmless word, (and to the great stomping oafs, which clomp around and trample us to death) it is. But to us it definitely isn't! Just yesterday I lost Daffy, Donald, Duggie and Drogbal (my 2nd cousin) to those soles! But the worst thing is when it is deliberate, oh how it annoys me! When silly little children tear us always from our life source to make NECKLACES! They call them daisy chain and they think that they are pretty! I mean shoes are made of dead cows and are they pretty? Is chicken just before you eat it (and just a few hours ago it was flapping around a yard) pretty? Dannielle and I were having a rather loud (in daisy standards) conversation about this and then my rude old Granny DooDaa cam and said: "Oh thy should be very happy that thy are pretty when you are dead" 
I nearly blew my top I can tell you. Oh well, she probably will be dead soon so at least she thinks she'll be pretty then.


Anyway, what was the topic I was talking about? Oh yes, Granny DooDaa said to us toady that a joyous event was occurring and that we were all to rejoice in delight. She then promptly wilted and we all had to play 'Pass the Glucose'. I didn't enjoy that at all, as I worked especially hard for that. :( Doodaa finally recovered and then rambled for some 10 minutes about her weak heart. Personally, i think her heart is no weaker than anyone else's. After this she decided that she would enlighten us all on what she had heard. "The Queen is having thy 60th year on thy dearest throne and the must cheer in glorious delight" (sorry for the awful grammar, that's how she speaks). 


So after interrogating her for half an hour she finally told us that it was the Queens diamond Jubilee in a week. Everyone seemed thrilled but I for one, was not! Don't we get picked often enough as it is. I heard some people talking about us today and they dropped a list on the floor. It said:


Flower Array:
Pick daisies for 

  • Children's garlands x750
  • Adult's garlands x 500
  • Queen's carriage x 10000
  • Horse decorations x 30000
I was in shock! They would have to pick 41250 daisies just for this 'Jubilee'. I have to tell my family and somehow, we will have to escape to safety.

Bye Diary

It may be the last time I can write in you for a while, if we do have to escape.

Delilah xxxxxxx

Well, that was my take on the Diamond Jubilee from the life of a daisy. Having written that I don't think I will be able to bring myself to pick another daisy ever again.

Thank you for reading

Deadra xxxx

3 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!


    CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a stunning photograph, too. And what a unique way you have found to interpret it. A really engaging narrative voice - a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete